Monday, November 7, 2016

Movies and President Bird


This was originally a response to Mom, but I decided Dad and Masey would be interested on how my new President is:

Yeah we can still watch movies. We´re going to watch one today with the Zone Leaders. They asked the mission president and he gave the ok. For music, all he said when we had a meeting with him was that we need to avoid hard rock and rap and to listen to edifying music. Also that we were going to go forward more or less as President Walker did with a few rule changes. He´s not really changed any of the rules... Oh! I have to buy a one-strap bag today. It´s not officially a new rule yet, but the Zone Leaders gave us a head up that it´ll be implemented soon so we´re trying to get ahead of the game.

Hmm... I like Despicable Me and Kung Fu Panda, so yes. Both would be good. Oh! And the Incredibles. Basically Pixar and Dreamworks movies are given the okay. 

Elder Diaz told me that he thinks that President Bird will be a bit more liberal than President Walker. President Walker was a bit stiff and very formal, strict, and straight-laced, but still very loving and impressive. President Bird (from what we saw in the zone conference) is laid back, funny, and very loving. Him and his wife just radiated love when they spoke to us. When he started to speak my heart was immediately filled with loyalty and love, very much a manifestation of the Spirit. 

I´ve gotten a bit testy with the other missionaries who´re complaining about the changes that President Bird is putting in. The Mexicans are having a hard time trusting a man who has such a strong accent (it´s REALLY strong) and whose wife doesn´t speak Spanish. Elder Diaz said, ¨He has to do a lot to earn the respect of the missionaries,¨ to which I responded, ¨He should already have our respect.¨ I feel like a lot of demotions are going to come in the next transfer judging by the reactions of some of the Zone Leaders to the President.

So yeah. I have faith that these next 19 and 1/2 months will be amazing with President Bird. I sustain him just as I sustain the First Presidency of the Church.

I´ll get off my soap-box now. So yeah. Pixar and Dreamworks. And we get stuff from the mission home about every three weeks or whenever the Zone Leaders head to the offices. Also, on a random note, protein powder is twice the price here than in the United States so it looks like I´ll be sticking to ham and the food from the hermanas as my source of protein here in Mexico.

Love ya´ll! (Again)
-Brayden

No comments:

Post a Comment