Monday, November 7, 2016

Herro


Date: August 5, 2013 at 10:15:25 AM PDT

¡Hey familia!

Elder Decker reporting in from another speedy week in Juarez 2. And to answer your question Mom, we´re in the Juarez Ward, Andalucia Stake, and we have four missionaries serving here. And I´ll say a little prayer for the package. I think it should make it through fine. I think.

Anywho, it´s been pretty good here in our little (gigantic) area. For the first time in about a month and a half we have two progressing investigators (Yay!) named Ezmeralda and Geronimo (yup) Lopez. Ezmeralda is from Pachuca and Geronimo from Chiapas and they both had problems understanding my Spanish. I´d never had a problem like that until we talked to them. The thing is that they both speak different native languages in addition to Spanish so... yeah. They´re a really great family and really intelligent. Geronimo gave up an opportunity to go to school in the United States because of his mom. She was going to lose her home, so he moved here to Monterrey to work in the factories here so that he could send back some money to his mother. Really selfless and great guy.

Other than that it was a pretty normal week. It was really hot. It´s going to be hotter here this week than at home. And couple that with a little more humidity, and yeah. Many problems. We´re trying to convince the Jefe to let us have bike here in this ward since it´s gigantic and all of the colonias (neighborhoods) are really far apart.

Also, Elder Baez is really awesome. We have problems every once in a while, but it´s been a load of fun to be his companion. Even when he says words that I don´t understand and gets a bit ticked when I ask him what he´s saying, we get along really well. I want to experience other areas in the mission, but at the same time I doubt I´ll have a companion as chill as Elder Baez. So we´ll see what happens in a couple of weeks.

Time is really flying by. I feel like this last transfer has been about three days, not four weeks. Tomorrow I´ll start my sixth month in the mission and I only have 18 1/2 more. And it´s good that it´s going by fast. If it went by slow it´d all be a whole lot more boring.

And I think that CSNHS would be good for you, Colby. I´ve already told Mom that she should definitely consider sending you there. You could already have an Associate´s Degree when you finish High School. Really cool.

Also, thanks for all the pictures and such. I looked up the house in Google Map Streetview since I was having a bit of a hard time remembering it. Love ya´ll tons and can´t wait to see you again in a year and a half!

Con amor,
Elder Brayden Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment