Monday, November 7, 2016

It's hot.

> ¡Hola hola familia!
>
> Well it´s been an interesting week. It´s hot. And we´ve been working our behinds off.
>
> Well, to start, thanks for all the pictures! It really is great to see everyone enjoying themselves back home. And I swear everyone looks older. Everyone. but it´s only been three months! Weirder and weirder. Also, don´t be surprised if you guys get emails later on today. We´re doing an hour here while we´re waiting for our laundry and an hour yonder where we´re going to eat.
>
> So I was a bit down this week. Mostly because Elder Diaz as the new District Leader is very... hard on himself and on me. He´s always had issues trusting other people with planning and so on, but lately he´s been a bit loony. And it´s tiring. But we have been doing street contacts like never before partly due to my suggested goal of 25 a day (haven´t done that yet) and the encouragement of the Zone Leaders. We´re finding a lot of the elect in our contacts. For other areas. Which is great! For them. And for the Lord, I suppose.
>
> Also, we´re having the same problem as Masey with our investigators. They aren´t coming to Church. Juan Carlos, our recent convert, didn´t go to Church either because he was partying hard with his family all night. So he doesn´t have the Priesthood. Which is disappointing because we were going to have him baptize one of the investigators from the other area in the ward to encourage activity, but ah well. The others weren´t home for the past few days for whatever reason and our pass-along cards were still stuffed in the door.
>
> But guess what? We have a baptism this Saturday! Her name is Fatima and she is an eleven year old daughter of less actives from the state of Veracruz. They´re a great family but not very supportive or converted to the Gospel, so we´ve been trying to reactivate them through cultivating faith in the heart of their daughter. She told us last week that she didn´t feel ready to be baptized, but after coming to church on Sunday she says she´s excited. They also always have delicious juices of pineapple, pineapple rind (yup), and, well, oatmeal. Very good.
>
> As you all know, I´m not a fan of sunshine. And that hasn´t changed here. In fact I despise it. I don´t understand all of the songs like ¨There is sunshine in my soul¨ and ¨An island in the sun¨ and ¨You are my sunshine.¨ If the people who wrote those lyrics ever spent a day walking around the city of Monterrey they would understand that the sun is the enemy of all righteousness. It´s also going to be in the high 90´s all week, so pray for me por favor. My body isn´t made for heat.
>
> Also, do missionaries in the states only get 140 dollars a month? I had to pull out hundred of my own last month just to pay for food and travel. It´s loco. I´m trying to find ways to not spend my own money, but I have to eat! Despite what Elder Diaz says about how food is a destraction from our investigators (whack) and that the Zone Leaders don´t eat dinner (whickety whack). A talk from Elder Holland from about Liberty Jail has helped me a lot.
>
> So yes. Thanks for alll your prayers ya´ll! I may be sending more emails to you guys in a couple of hours. Time´s up here.
>
> Love you guys! Remember who you are and what you stand for!
>
> -Elder Brayden Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment